Sunday, October 26, 2008

Flatiron!

Sometimes i can't quite put into words the things i like about Shirley, but every once in a while the wording or phrase of how to say it will pop into my head.

Shirley - She's feminine but not girly. She likes hiking! Yesterday we went on a hike in the Superstition Mountains. We hiked Flatiron!

I read two or three websites about the hike before we did it. Most of them said to allow 5 hours for the hike. Just for the record, we made it up in 1:45, played at the top for :45, and then made it down in 1:20 - for a grand total of 3:50. Take that 5 hours!

Shirley's 14 yr old brother Sam came too. We were glad he did. He's funny, and in pretty good shape.

First, we found this sign that said that our trail was leading us into the wilderness. Weird, huh? It was a fun hike though!

And yes that's my shirt wrapped on my head like a dew rag. I forgot a hat and my head was gonna sunburn - i had to impovise!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well i'm glad you got something on your head i imagine it hurts when it burns. and i love the picture of your rippling biceps and the sun radiating off of it at the just the right angle as to make you look tough. i just found your blog i'll be commenting on the rest of your posts too and all the following ones to come.

ConnieB said...

Mike has a blog! I'm finding this out just now. Anyway, I thought i'd let you know I stopped by... and had to give myself credit for something I told Tony a while back. After Ty was married, I said "Mike will be next" I was right! Go me!