Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Bald Mission Call

Okay, i know the title of this post is misleading, but i heard somewhere that people won't even want to read your articles if they have boring headlines. So there ya go.

Today was cool. I got up early and Shirley and I went to the blessing of Sydney Anna Mackey, Morgan and Katie's baby daughter. We stayed for the whole block of church. During opening exercises for priesthood meeting, the Bishop was asking Morgan to introduce his visiting family. We all stood up and the Bishop, looking at me, says: "Well, we know at least one that is for sure a Mackey." He was referring to me being bald, much like Morgan is. We all had a good laugh. Of all the guys there, i was the one that wasn't a Mackey. It was funny. I guess i already fit in.

After that there was a family lunch at Morgan and Katie's. That was pretty good fun too. I'm enjoying getting to be part of the family now. Now that they all know I'm stickin' around, i really feel like i can tell a difference in most of their attitudes towards me... more open, like some of them are starting to 'invest emotionally' in my friendship/brother-in-law-ship. That's probably not very well said, but you know what i mean anyways.

I love Shirley. We're getting married in 72 days.

Tonight my brother opened his call. I've been jokingly telling myself that he's gonna get called to Argentina Bahia Blanca mission just for a nice dose of irony (that's where Shirley's missionary Tyson went). Well, he invited 25 friends (literally), so our small house was packed. Once they finally all arrived, he opened it, read it first to himself, said "YES!" out loud, and then read it to the rest of us: "Elder Stock, You are here by called to serve... ...the Argentina..." (at this point I'm thinking wow, he really is gonna go to the same mission as Tyson. wow.) "...Neuquen Mission."

So there it is. The Argentina Neuquen Mission. I'm really quite happy and excited for him. Way to go David.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy he got called spanish speaking, now i can tell him to make me a sandwich in spanish it's gonna be awesome.