Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Softball

I love softball. I don't get to play that often. In fact, i haven't played in years. But i switched into the University stake and they play co-ed church softball! I'm loving it. My favorite is to pitch. One game i had seven (7!) strike-outs! In slow pitch softball! It was amazing. We joke that if i get 6 strike-outs, everyone gets a free slurpy (cause at the diamondbacks games they give everyone free slurpies if they get 12 strike-outs). It's fun.

Tonight was no exception; it was fun. Shirley came with to watch. She came last week too. I love her. So, i was out there pitching - and doing pretty well too - and right before a batter stepped up to the plate, Shirley gets up from her seat and comes and jumps on the chain link backstop (holding herself a foot from the ground) and yells "Hey pitch! Will you go to the rodeo with me?!" It was classic. Priceless. I was smiling so big. She said she could see it even from all the way over in the stands. But she said she didn't hear when i yelled back: "I would LOVE to!" It was great though.

She's so cool. I just love the fact that she keeps our relationship interesting and fun! It's a girl ask guy dance/rodeo and instead of just taking for granted that we're engaged and i would just go with her if she said "we should go to the rodeo on Saturday," she makes it exciting and really cool by yelling at me in front of all my friends and ward. I love her. I wanted to yell out "That's right everyone, that's my girl!"

No comments: