Wednesday, October 15, 2008

School, Work, Halloween, Christmas and Shirley Mackey

Today was a cool day. Good as any lately anyways. School was school, though i was freezing all morning. I never noticed how cold they keep those buildings!

Work was good. We've been busy lately and i'm enjoying it more; feeling more productive. I need a raise. I've worked there 10 months and am still at my starting rate. Plus I'm getting married and need more money. Maybe i should more seriously start looking for a second job.

As i mentioned above, i was cold today. It reminded me of winter heading this way, and how excited i am for the holidays! I saw pumpkins when i was at wal-mart today. I really want to carve a jack-o-lantern! (Shirley, if you read this, can we do that soon?!) Also, i got randomly thinking about Christmas while driving to work. I won't be married till 5 days after, but i still want to put a small Christmas tree in our apartment ... to help the Christmas spirit drag on a little more.

I love Shirley. She's studying tonight, so we weren't going to see each other. I couldn't stay away. I got some ice cream and drove over there. I called her on the way but didn't tell her i was coming. When i knocked, her roommate let me in. I kept her on the phone until i was knocking on her bedroom door. I think she liked the surprise. It was good to see her, even if only for a little. We ate our ice cream and talked for a bit. Then, i left her to her studies. Good luck on your test Shirl!

3 comments:

shirley elizabeth said...

You're the best bandaid ever.

shirley elizabeth said...

"Whoa that was so creepy."
"Sorry."
"No, one of my roommates just knocked on my door all....!!!!"

Anonymous said...

you romantic. now that she knows you can think of that stuff you're gonna have to do it the rest of your life you just raised the bar for your self good luck.