Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring slump.

It's that time of the semester again. This morning in my Institute class a girl behind me said something like: "This is gonna be the hardest week of the whole semester for me!" For me that was a couple weeks ago.... This week? to me?...will probably be the laziest week of the semester.

Every semester, about this far into it, I hit this point where I'm just so unmotivated with my school work. It's terrible i know, but i don't want to go to class, i don't want to do homework assignments, i just want to sit here and eat this delicious leftover casserole that I'm eating... and then play basketball or play Freecell on my computer. I'm lame, thanks. Lucky for me this semester i have a new secret weapon... Shirley.

She reminds me to get to work and do things. She asks me if i have homework and then forces me to actually do it. Mean, i know. Like mom back when i was in fifth grade. Harsh.

(Dear Shirley, please don't take this as an invitation to further harrass me about my school work. Thanks. I love you so much!)

This is not a confession begging repentance or a change of heart. I'm content with this time of the semester. It just happens. Then after a week or, i get back up and get back to business and finish out my wonderfully average straight B semester. Yup, straight B's. In my 4th year of college, i have almost a perfect 3.0 GPA. Every time i get an A that would bring it up a little, i get a C in another class that brings it right back down. I'm content with that too, and that's kinda another subject anyways.

So really, i was just at school not studying and realized that i haven't posted in a while. So there's somethin to chew on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How funny. I thought I was the only one that went through this horrible week. Only for me I feel like it is a month. As I near the end of my college career I find that I am not necessarily unmotivated....but unmotivated in all things school related. I tend to find things to do all over the place as long as it is not related to school.