Monday, August 24, 2009

I always feel insecure when I blog without pictures. It's like i'm not cool. and stuff. Shirley just hates that I don't blog about all the cool things we do. Well, today is the first day of school, but I got out of class early and have nothing to do for an hour or so, so here it goes. I don't have many pictures, but at least I'm alive.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The First Day Of School

I don't really remember being nervous for school to start last semester, or the semester before that, or really ever since I started college. But I was today. It was weird. I think it was because my schedule wasn't entirely set and I wasn't excited to be going back to school. Or something. I don't know.

But I got here and I've been smiling ever since. I forgot how funny school is; how weird people are, how young freshmen look, how weird people's conversations are, the wierd ways people do their hair, the weird ways people dress, etc... I just like being on campus and seeing people. It makes me smile/laugh.

When I was registering for classes, I was thinking that I was going to have three semesters left, and that I would graduate next fall, but earlier this week I realized that if I could get into an ACC444 class this semester (they were all full at the time) I could work it out so I graduate in the Spring of this year! I've been checking the ASU registration page, like, every ten minutes for the last week, and about a half hour ago, a section opened up. I'm gonna graduate next Spring! I'm pretty excited.

I think my wife is the opposite. She graduated 3 months ago. And was fine until today when I was getting my backpack together and getting ready for class. She's suffering from withdrawal from not having school, and she wants to go back. I wish I could trade her. I think I'd like to be done and just working not... But that's how it goes, eh?
----------------------------------------------------------

Sherwood

Sherwood is one of my favorite bands. I saw them last summer and they covered the song Holiday from The Get Up Kids, who are also one of my favorite bands. Since then I've been a pretty big fan. I even have 2 Sherwood shirts! You know someone must be a good fan if they have a band shirt (ok, maybe not, i'm just saying...)!

Shirley and I saw them early in July this year and it was great. It was the first concert I've been to in a while and I had a lot of fun. They played with Copeland, who was headlining that tour. Because of this, I think most of the folk there were Copeland fans, more inclined to enjoy the more mellow tunes produced by Copeland than the sweet fun music created by Sherwood. It seemed that when Sherwood played, most the people in the crowd just stood there. It made me sad. I enjoy concerts... though I imagine I likely won't go to many more. They're not quite as fun as they used to be, which it is part of maturing, which is really fine with me.

------------------------------------------------------

More to come...

3 comments:

ConnieB said...

Yep. I started school today again and I was thinking the same thing. Kids are weird/funny. AND young.

SHERWOOD!!! I. LOVE. THEM.

Tracy said...

I hate school. Blah. As i was driving around ASU's campus today I kept thinking that the girls clothes couldn't be any more skanky.. thats when I realized I was old.

What are you majoring in?

shirley elizabeth said...

I feel like the four-year-old kid that can't go to school like her older siblings can, just without the naps. Maybe if I got naps during the work day I'd at least feel contented about not being in school.
Man, all the cool people are going to school.