Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dinner

Shirley loves to cook. For that I am immensely grateful. She loves to put out a meal for people. I'm sure if it were up to her, we'd have someone or some couple over for dinner every night. She also loves to make up new recipes and just throw stuff together. Don't worry, everything she's thrown together so far has been just great.

I'm blogging that:

So last night, we got home from school and she says: "What do you want for dinner?"
I say "Oh, just cereal or something, it's late and we're tired, don't worry about it."
She says "How about Shepherd's Pie? It's easy to make."

So we sit down for dinner and she wants to tell me a story about something that happened at school today. She begins...

"So i was at school today, and I see this man walking across campus with this big stick, and it had the big crook neck thing at the top. And there're sheep following him! Well, he sat down and took out his lunch and was eating it, and i said 'What's that you're eating?' and he said 'Oh, it's just something my wife put together for me.' So i got the recipe and thought I'd try it out tonight! Eat up!"

I laughed. And kinda rolled my eyes. And probably called her a Dork.

I love you Shir.

2 comments: